Welcome to the Online application service
Application period 2020 for the Sibelius-Academy Foundation starts on 27th November 2019 and ends on 22nd of January 2020.
Please read the Dean's Policy for granting scholarships on the Sibelius Academy Foundation website before you create an application.
Grants may cover
The general purpose of the grants is to directly support the studies at SibA in the form of e.g.
- master classes (attendance fees and travel costs)
- summer courses (attendance fees and travel costs)
- artistic projects outside the University's own premises
- competitions and studies abroad
- maintenance and repair of the instruments
Grants can’t cover
- instrument or equipment purchases
- normal living costs (rent, food etc.)
- master classes held by the applicant´s own teacher
- international student exchange (SibA international office will apply for funding from the Foundation in order to grant scholarships for all students going on student exchange through the academy’s partnership agreements)
Grants are awarded to
- Junior Academy, Bachelor- and Master-Level and Doctoral students of the Sibelius Academy
- A prerequisite for a grant award is a solid overall advancement of studies.
Grants are approved by the board of the Foundation. Grantees will be announced in March/April and grants are to be paid in May at the latest.
Please register before you log in.